(i) Professor Emeritus, University Fellow, School of Biological and Environmental Sciences, Kwansei Gakuin University, Japan
(ii) Guest Professor, Molecular Photoscience Research Center, Kobe University, Japan
(iii) Research Advisor, Research Center for Development of Far-infrared Region, Fukui University, Japan
(iv) Guest Principal Scientist, Center for Advanced Photonics, Riken, Japan
(v) Technical Advisor at Intellectual Property High Courts, in Tokyo High Courts.
Ph D. in Physical and Inorganic Chemistry: June 30, 1978, Faculty of Science, Osaka University, Osaka, Japan
M. Sc. in Physical and Inorganic Chemistry: March 25, 1975, Faculty of Science, Osaka University, Osaka, Japan.
B. Sc. in Chemistry: March, 25, 1973, Faculty of Science, Osaka University, Osaka, Japan.
(i) Vice president, Kwansei Gakuin University (April 2013-March 2018).
(ii) Executive trustee, Kwansei Gakuin Educational Foundation (April 2010-March 2018).
(iii) Dean of School of Science and Technology, Kwansei Gakuin University (April 2006-March 2010).
(iv) Professor; Department of Chemistry, School of Science and Technology, Kwansei-Gakuin University, Japan (April 1993-March 2018)
(v) Visiting Professor; Research and Development Center, Saga University, Saga, Japan (May 1994-October 1994, June 1995-November 1995).
(vi) Senior Visiting Fellow; Department of Chemistry, Princeton University, Princeton, NJ, USA (July 1993-September 1993).
(vii) Associate Professor; Department of Chemistry, School of Science, Kwansei Gakuin University, Nishinomiya, Japan (April 1989-March 1993)
(viii) Lecturer; Division of Biochemistry, Institute of Medical Science, The Jikei University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan (April 1988-March 1989)
(ix) Assistant Professor; Division of Biochemistry, Institute of Medical Science, The Jikei University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan (April 1981-March 1988)
(x) Research Associate; Division of Biological Sciences, National Research Council of Canada, Ottawa, Canada (September 1978-January 1981)
(1) Tomas Hirschfeld Award (1998). International Consortium for Near Infrared Spectroscopy
(2) EAS Award in Achievement in Near-Infrared Spectroscopy (2001), Eastern Analytical Symposium. USA
(3) The Büchi NIR Award (2002), Büchi. Switzerland
(4) Gerald S. Birth Award (2006), The Council of Near Infrared Spectroscopy
(5) Dasari Lecture Award (2011), George R. Harrison Spectroscopy Laboratory, MIT
(6) Bomem-Michelson Award (2014). The Coblentz Society, USA）
(7) China Friendship Award on Molecular Spectroscopy (2016). The Chinese Optical Society
(8) Lu Wanzhen Memorial China Instrument and Control Society Award for International Exchange (2018).
(9) Memorial Award for the 90th Anniversary of the Discovery of Raman Effect (2018). Bangalore, India
(10) Pittsburg Spectroscopy Award (2019), Pittsburg Spectroscopy Society. USA
(11) Charles Mann Award of Applied Raman Spectroscopy,(2020), FACSS, USA
(12) Karl Norris Award, International Council of Near-infrared Spectroscopy(2021)
(1) The Young Scientist Award (1987). The Spectroscopical Society of Japan.
(2) The Spectroscopical Society of Japan Award (2002)
(3) Hyogo Prefecture Science Award (2003)
(4) Science and Technology Award of Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (2005).
(5) Japan Analytical Chemistry Society Award (2008).
(6) Japan Analytical Chemistry Society Advanced Analytical Technique Award (2011).
(7) The Chemical Society of Japan Award (2017).
(8) The Medal with Purple Ribbon from Japanese Emperor (2018).
【Distinctions and Honors】
(1) Fellow, Society for Applied Spectroscopy (2010)
(2) Fellow, The Royal Society of Chemistry (2015).
(3) Fellow, The Chemical Society of Japan (2016).
(4) Fellow, International Council of Near-infrared Spectroscopy (2017).
(5) Honorary Member of Society for Applied Spectroscopy,(SAS) USA(2020)
(6) Honorary Member of Spectroscopical Society of Japan.(2020)
(7) Honorary Member of The Society for Analytical Chemistry(2021)
Publications (since 1975): The number of publications; 1040, The number of citations; 27,000, H-index; 76
1. Y. Ozaki, I. Noda ed.: Two-Dimensional Correlation Spectroscopy, American Institute of Physics (2000).
2. A. A. Christy, Y. Ozaki, and V. G. Gregoriou: Modern Fourier Transform Infrared Spectroscopy, Elsevier, Amsterdam (2001).
3. H. W. Siesler, Y. Ozaki, S. Kawata, and H. M. Heise: Near-Infrared Spectroscopy, Principles, Instruments, Applications, Wiley-VCH, Weinheim, Germany (2002).
4. I. Noda and Y. Ozaki: Two-Dimensional Correlation Spectroscopy, John-Wiley & Sons (2004).
5. Y. Ozaki, W. F. McClure, and A. A. Christy: Near-Infrared Spectroscopy in Food Science and Technology, Wiley-Interscience, New York (2007).
6. S. Sasic and Y. Ozaki ed.: Raman, Infrared, and Near-Infrared Chemical Imaging, John Wiley & Sons (2010).
7. Y. Ozaki, K. Kneipp, and R. Aroca eds.: Frontiers of Surface-Enhanced Raman Scattering : Single Nanoparticles and Single Cells, Wiley (2014)
8. Y. Ozaki and S. Kawata eds.: Far- and Deep-Ultraviolet Spectroscopy, Springer (2015).
9. Yukihiro Ozaki, George C. Schatz, Duncan Graham, and Tamitake Itoh et.: Frontiers of Plasmon Enhanced Spectroscopy Volume 1, ACS SYMPOSIUM SERIES (2016).
10. Yukihiro Ozaki, George C. Schatz, Duncan Graham, and Tamitake Itoh et.: Frontiers of Plasmon Enhanced Spectroscopy Volume 2, ACS SYMPOSIUM SERIES (2016).
11. Marek Wojcik, Hiroshi Nakatsuji, Bernard Kirtman, Yukihiro Ozaki,: Frontiers of Quantum Chemistry, Springer (2017).
12. K. Kneipp, Y. Ozaki, Z.-Q. Tian: Recent developments in Plasmon-supported Raman Spectroscopy, World Scientific (2018).
13. Y. Ozaki, M. Wojcik, J. Popp: Molecular Spectroscopy; Quantum Chemistry Approach, John Wiley (2019).
14. Y. Ozaki, M. Baranska, I. K. Lednev, B. R. Wood: Vibrational Spectroscopy in Protein Research, Elsevier (2020).
15. V. P. Gupta, Y. Ozaki: Molecular and Laser Spectroscopy: Advances and Applications: Volume 2, Elsevier (2020).
16. Y. Ozaki, C. W. Huck, S. Tsuchikawa, S. B. Engelsen: Near-Infrared Spectroscopy-Theory, Spectral Analysis, Instrumentation, and Applications Springer(2020).
17. Y. Ozaki, H. Sato: Spectroscopic Technique for Polymer Characterization, Wiley-VCH(2021).
【(A) International and Domestic Organization Member】
1. Governing Board Member of Society for Applied Spectroscopy
2. Member of CERIC-ERIC Proposal Review Panel
3. Councilor, Shimadzu Science Foundation
【(B) Editorial Members】
1. J. Near-Infrared Spectrosc. (Editorial board member)
2. J. Raman Spectrosc. (Editorial board member)
3. Encyclopedia of Analytical Chemistry (Associate editor)
4. Spectroscopy and Spectra Analysis (Counselor)
【(C) Committee Members】
1. Secretary, Executive Committee of ICNIRS (1997-2001)
2. President of the Asian NIR Consortium (2007-2011)
3. President of Japanese Council for Near Infrared Spectroscopy (JNIRS). (2007-2011)
4. Steering Committee Member; International Conference on Advanced Vibrational Spectroscopy (ICAVS) (2013-2019). Counselor for ICAVS 2021.
5. President, Spectroscopical Society of Japan (2014-2016)
6. Vice President, Japan Society for Analytical Chemistry (2011-2012).
7. Steering Committee Member; International Conference on Raman Spectroscopy (ICORS) (2012-2018).
8. Representative of Japan, Federation of Analytical Chemistry and Spectroscopy Societies (FACSS) (2012-2017)
1. Application of Raman spectroscopy to basic biology and biomedical science.
2. Studies of mechanism and applications of surface-enhanced Raman scattering (SERS) and tip-enhanced Raman scattering (TERS). Semiconductor-enhanced Raman scattering.
3. Basic studies and applications of NIR spectroscopy. Studies of overtones, combinations and anharmonicity. Development of NIR imaging systems and application of NIR imaging.
4. Basic studies, instrument development, and applications of ATR-far-ultraviolet (FUV) and deep-ultraviolet (DUV) spectroscopy.
5. Applications of quantum chemistry to electronic and vibrational spectroscopy. Anharmonic calculations and calculations for large molecules.
6. Basic studies and applications of FIR/Terahertz/low-frequency Raman spectroscopy.